Friday, November 29, 2013

So what?

I've been reading several blogs with the usual 'what I am thankful for this year'
Ok, I'm not American, I don't much care about Thanksgiving and stuff. But it's an interesting question, as it forces us to look for the good things in our lives.

The only answer I came up with was "I'm thankful that life is not fair".
I bet it's not what you expected... or at least I hope so, otherwise you'll get bored easily reading my rambling.

So: I really think life is not fair. I'm not the smartest, nicest, most .../best at... (fill in the blanks with whatever you want) in the world – or even in my tiny universe. As one of my friends said about herself – but it applies to me as well, I'm average. I don't much like this thought, though. But that's another story.

Even if I'm average, I pretty well got everything I wanted. And when I didn't know what I wanted (yeah, that happens every now and then, you cynic people!), life threw something at me that in the end proved to be better than I ever expected.

I’ve been a pain to some of my friends, I made weird (or damn wrong) choices, I didn’t care about stuff I should have cared about, I’m a selfish bitch… and yet I have a pretty good life.

Life’s not fair. So what? It worked out well for me so far.

And a special thought to my college French teacher who reminded us often that good girls go to Heaven and bad girls go wherever they want. I like to think I am part of the second category.

No comments:

Post a Comment