Saturday, September 7, 2013

Honey, I think I broke my toe!

You know the feeling that sometimes the entire universe is against you for a very obscure reason?
That's what I think about my trip to Poland on Monday... Yes, it's the one I should take for which I kind-a/almost/sort-a cancelled my booking several days ago.
It's also the Monday when the French (otherwise lovely people) air control employees decided to go on strike for - to me - even more obscure reasons...
And it's also in two days from now, with a flight at 7 am (so, yes, what the heck, I can get up at 4:30 for nothing, right?)... and I think I just broke my toe.

How come? Well, let me tell you the steps to get your toes destroyed, if you're interested:
- in the evening, move the furniture around your home to unusual places
- when your son wakes up at night, DO NOT turn on the light when you go to his room
- repeat this at 10 pm, 11 pm, 12 pm and 1 am
- take him in your arms and go to the bathroom, THEN turn on the lights so you won't see a damn thing anymore
- once he drank enough water to fill an entire box of Pampers, turn off the light and...
- go to his room, your royal blindness
- find his bed, try to put him in there, without smashing his head on any side of it, because you have no freaking idea where the bed is anymore, with all the moves you made last evening and with the fact that you're not really awake
- then try to walk out of the room and...
*drums*...
- hit the stupid f..ing door with your toe on your way out

Result: in the morning you get a nice red, swollen toe and the right amount of pain that goes with it. And again the question 'how the hell am I going to Poland?!' asked for like the hundredth time this week.

PS: yesterday evening I had finally received my three new pairs of fabulous-looking (me thinks) shoes that, guess what, I won't be able to wear anytime soon. Universe, go screw with someone else's plans now, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment