Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm a mom. What's your super power?


I first read this on the internet...and laughed. And then this night, around 1 a.m., sitting awake in bed it hit me: I actually have super powers. Let me tell you some of them:
  • I can function normally (to read: not shouting/beating/killing anyone looking suspiciously like an idiot that crosses my road that day) with less than 4 hours of sleep per night, for several nights in a row. It never happened to me when I was in the no-kids world. A night with less than 9 hours of sleep back then would have made me grumpy for a week or so.
  • I can change a diaper on a standing-up/walking/running baby. I figured it takes less time than catching the baby and holding him prisoner on a changing mat while he is screaming from the top of his lungs.
  • I can give the bottle to two kids at the same time, while watching TV and talking to my husband. Ok, the last part is not always true, the TV can be quite catching...
  • I mastered the art of make-up (aka: I can put on make-up in under 2 minutes). And I do it every working day, otherwise people see me for what I am and tell me to go get some sleep.
  • I can follow a 30 minutes monologue about Autobots and Decepticons and (usually) not feel the need to kill 'em all. If you don't know what those are, you can read about them here, you ignorant people.
  • I happily join in the fun of the above mentioned monologue and another ma-ma-aa-pa-brrum-brruum-pa-pa one, adding to the mess my own weird sounds - all this happening in the car, on our way back from work/school/day-care. Actually I am doing this only to see smoke going out of my husband's years and his face transforming into an angry dinosaurs' one...
there are probably more, but I managed to fall asleep at some point and forgot the rest of my thoughts.
So, what's your super power?

1 comment:

  1. My super power? To drive you all home in the conditions described above! And to want to repeat that the next day!

    ReplyDelete