Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tell me why... oh... why (Jan 2010)

Ok, time for a break in my busy day before my short vacation :-)
What story do I have now? Actually, I don’t. I’ve had a subject in mind for a while now, but I don’t seem to get a hold on it. So maybe I should just start and see what happens.
I was actually asking myself (you will see the irony of this in a second) why I am asking so many questions. I somehow seem to be obsessed with questions. I rarely have the answers to them, but I am having a great time just jumping from question to question. And so I add to the infinite chain of questions, this one: “why?” :-)
I am starting to think that I am on a quest. A quest for the perfect question. I read somewhere a long time ago that “a problem without a solution is not a problem” and somehow, my weird mind understood that the solution to all problems should be obvious, IF you know how to look at the problem. My way of doing this is to search the perfect question that will give me the answer immediately. Of course I don’t usually find it… but sometimes it works (otherwise I won’t keep doing it, right?).

I stopped for a couple of minutes now and thought about an example, and nothing comes to my mind (no wonder!). Looks like I’m just stubborn, and I keep looking for questions, even if they don’t solve anything :-D
I think that all that questions have to offer is new ideas, a bit like a brainstorm. Asking all the questions that are not necessarily related to the subject at hand might be an open door to new thoughts, new approaches. Or maybe I am just trying to defend my habit of finishing my sentences by “?” – I have a colleague who is ending them with “!!!”. I seem insecure, she seems overly enthusiastic. Probably (hopefully) both impressions are quite superficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment